About NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care
NightLight addresses an important need in the healthcare delivery system. We offer pediatric patients after hours care in a kid-friendly environment. Providing quality, affordable, compassionate services to children from newborn to 21 years. NightLight Pediatricians mentor and work with nurse practitioners or physician assistants depending on time and location.
Why NightLight is a Great Place to Work
We are a growing organization offering advancement opportunities
We offer a rewarding and fun work environment
About the Job
NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care is seeking a competent, reliable and experienced X-ray Technician for a fast-paced clinical setting. The position will be responsible for shooting and processing x-rays. Must be willing to train as a Medical Assistant. The X-ray Technician will report to Nursing Department Managers and Clinical Operations Manager. This position requires a flexible schedule with availability on evenings, holidays and weekends and may be required to be on-call to meet staffing needs and current volume trends
Essential Functions and Duties
- Radiologic Duties
- Pediatric patient positioning using a Viztek Straight-Arm X-ray machine
- Explaining x-ray procedure and positioning to the parent
- Obtaining consent from patient/parent before x-ray acquisition
- Acquisition of images following ALARA principles
- Maintaining X-ray logs and radiology binder
- Obtaining radiology reports from off-site radiologist and filing into patient’s EHR
- Reporting results to physician on duty
- Training of all NCT/MAs in the correct positioning and safe acquisition of radiologic studies
- Revision and updating of NightLight Radiology policies and procedures
- Revision and updating of NightLight training procedures and manuals
- Maintaining current certificate/license and CMEs
- May require on-call or prn coverage of radiologic shifts
- MA Duties: (Expected cross-training)
- Escorting patients to the back-office
- Obtaining and verifying medical history using EHR
- Obtaining vital signs and recognizing patients in distress
- Rooming patients for provider evaluation
- Obtaining informed consent for procedures as needed
- Assists providers during examination and treatment
- Perform Point of Care Testing and collection of specimens as ordered by the provider and as permitted by state regulations
- Participating in all customer service initiatives including but not limited to passing out survey forms; checking on patients waiting in room and assisting with patient and family needs.
- Assisting with minor in-office procedures such as, but not limited to, wound dressing, wound irrigation, ear lavage, and suture removal.
- Assisting provider with laceration repair and splinting.
- Performing inventory control and re-stocking
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment and areas of the back office, including but not limited to, patient exam rooms, x-ray room, supply storage room, and laboratory.
- Assist with monthly tasks and end-of-the-month duties
- Attending training and staff meetings a required
- MA Duties: (Specialized Cross-Training = for those who show initiative AND interest toward in-depth MA training and eventual certification)
- Medication administration, injections, venipuncture and catheterization when proficiency has been met
- Educating patients as instructed by provider.
- Call backs to patients with regards to lab follow up or ongoing care
- Performing minor in-office procedures such as, but not limited to, wound dressing, wound irrigation, ear lavage, and suture removal.
- Handling patient back-office out-going and in-coming calls, such as pharmacy call and lab results.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduated from an accredited RT School or program
- At least 1 year experience shooting pediatric films
- Experience with straight arm DR machine (preferred but not mandatory)
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Current NCT or LMRT license
- Current CPR certificate
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become part of the NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care family!