About the position
Nurse Practitioners are hired to treat pediatric patients in the urgent care setting. They will diagnose, treat and document their encounters based on the standard pediatric history and physical exam. Each NP/ PA is trained and competent to perform procedures common to the urgent care setting such as simple laceration repair and splinting. Additionally, they shall maintain a current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Texas and CPR certification. All encounters shall be documented, billed and closed within the practice EMR in a manner that is conducive to timely billing and patient follow-up.
Why NightLight is a Great Place to Work
We are a growing organization offering advancement opportunities
We offer a rewarding and fun work environment
Essential Functions and Duties
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive, greet and interact with patients, visitors and staff members in a professional manner
- Answers questions and gives information directly or via the telephone within the limits of knowledge and medical practice policies
- Maintains and updates patient records and other patient information related to acute visits
- Follow up and interpretation of lab and imaging study results.
- Communicates to MAs clear and explicit instructions for patient follow up with regards to lab and imaging results.
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls and follow-up calls with regards to patient visits, prescriptions, labs and imaging studies
- Delegates & documents patient call back information to the Medical Assistants (MAs) on duty with regard to medical advice, prescriptions, labs, and imaging studies
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Complies with all HIPAA regulations with regards to patient privacy
- Complies with all Infection Control guidelines and Universal Precautions
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s acute complaint history and conduction of focused physical exam as directed by the patient history.
- Performs laceration repairs, incisions & drainage of abscesses, application of splints, wart treatments, and partial excision of ingrown toe nails.
- Performs diagnostic imaging by helping to properly position the patient and the actual taking of the film
- Performs basic and preliminary readings of x-ray studies done on site.
- May be asked to cath, draw blood or use a bag mask valve to ventilate a patient as the situation requires.
- Formulation and communication of discharge instructions for each patient seen with clear documentation of this plan within the EMR so that it can easily be relayed to the patient’s PCP.
- Assists MAs and front office staff to facilitate flow through the clinic in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Consult with and follow the recommendations of the supervising physicians they work with on the shifts
- Maintains proficiency in all areas by attending in- services, and staff meetings as required
- Keeps up with the latest medical requirements and standards of care through CME
- Maintains CPR certification, active Texas Licensing and good standing with all professional boards, medical societies and hospitals as applicable.
- Coordinate/Run emergency procedures in cases where patients present as unstable.
- During slow times, complete any administrative tasks assigned by the medical director.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Current PALS or BLS
- Board Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of employment
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of employment
Hours of Operation
- Sept – May:
- Monday–Friday 3pm - 11pm (new hours);
- Weekends 11am – 9pm, and 12pm – 7pm on holidays.
- June - August:
- Weekdays 3pm - 11pm (new hours);
- Weekends & Holidays 12pm - 7pm
About NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care
NightLight addresses an important need in the healthcare delivery system. We offer pediatric patients after hours care in a kid-friendly environment. Providing quality, affordable, compassionate services to children from newborn to 21 years. NightLight Pediatricians mentor and work with nurse practitioners depending on time and location.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.